Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Enlisted!

I really wanted to register for Tough Mudder, but I wasn't sure if I could physically do it. I called the Y and talked to the person coordinating the team. She told me I should attend at least 3 Tough Mudder training classes a week to build up my strength for April. Unfortunately, only one of the classes actually fit into my schedule. So, I signed up for the one class, and decided to see how I did and then ask my instructor if s/he thought I'd be able to do the Tough Mudder.


Then, I called my friend Lynn, who had previously completed a mud run. I asked her if she thought I'd be able to train for it in 4 months. Up until this point, all I had been doing is using the treadmill 3-4 times a week. I hadn't done a push up or pull up since high school (20 years ago) and didn't really consider myself strong. She said it was possible, and that was all I needed to hear. I registered that day. I wasn't going to wait for an instructor to tell me if I could do it - I was going to tell the instructors that I was going to do it, and ask for advice along the way.


"Whether you think you can or whether you think you can't, you're right."

- Henry Ford

No comments:

Post a Comment