Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Introduction to Tough Mudder

While I was Facebooking one day, I noticed the Y posted a video about Tough Mudder, saying they were forming a team to tackle the Tough Mudder in the Poconos at the end of April. I watched this video and was intrigued. This looked tough! I couldn't possibly ever do something like this...or could I?

Maybe this was just the thing I needed to step up my game. I've always been known to give 150% to something I really want to do, and this was extreme. Aside from running and crawling through mud, I'd have to cross monkey bars, run through fire, carry heavy logs up a hill, and potentially even electrocute myself. What's not to love about this?

Two things appealed to me the most about Tough Mudder: it was a team effort, and it seemed really exciting and different. I'd never run in any races, marathons, 5Ks or obstacle courses before. I hadn't even considered it, but I liked the idea of working with a team to make it through the obstacles, and the training program for Tough Mudder at the Y said I'd get into the best shape of my life. I needed to do some more investigating!

No comments:

Post a Comment