Sunday, February 12, 2012

Training

I've been training for almost 6 weeks now, and I feel myself getting stronger. I take a Tough Mudder training class at the Y every Saturday morning at 7:00 AM, and work with a personal trainer every Wednesday. Then, I do other things on my own, like running on the treadmill, push ups and other exercises. But, I know I really need to step up my activity soon - especially my running. Tough Mudder is in 2 1/2 months, so I still have some time to step things up.

I am making progress though. After my first Tough Mudder class, I could barely lift my arms to use a hair dryer after my shower and felt like I was going to pass out for the rest of the day. The 2nd class was more difficult, and although it was painful to lift my arms that day, it was easier. Now, although I feel a little sore after my classes, I don't feel like I'm going to pass out. Now, that's progress in my book! Eating a decent breakfast in the morning before training also helped a lot. I guess it is the most important meal of the day!

No comments:

Post a Comment