Sunday, March 25, 2012

My First 5K


I finished my first 5K, hosted by the Central Bucks Family YMCA in 28 and a half minutes. It's funny, I realized after I finished that it was the first time I'd run 3.1 miles outside. All of my training had been on the treadmill up until this point. I was always trying to make sure I ran 3.1 miles on the treadmill so I'd be ready for the 5K, but I knew it would be different running outside, with more inclines, harder pavement, etc. I even saw a post by someone on Facebook saying that running on a treadmill was like running on a cloud in comparison to running outside.

I jogged the 1 mile fun run with Zachary and Annabelle before my 5K. Zachary took off at the starting line and I couldn't even see him anymore. Annabelle struggled a bit, but I was very proud of her. She was getting so tired, but I kept encouraging her and she made it to the finish line all by herself! We were one of the last groups to cross the finish line for the fun run, but I was just happy that I didn't have to carry Annabelle for a mile, and then run my first 5K!

My 5K was next and I felt really good going into it. I think the 1 mile fun run/jog was a great warm up for me! I was really proud of myself for doing the entire 5K without slowing down to a walk at all, and my favorite part was crossing that finish line and hearing them yell on the loud speaker: "JENNIFER PEEEEEEETERRRSSSS." I don't know if that's a common thing for 5K's, but let me tell you...I could really get used to this!

No comments:

Post a Comment